- click here to like us on facebook and receive updates on your garbage, recycling and yard waste service.
April 10, 2020
Update regarding transition to LRS:
- Please ensure all refuse, recycling, and yard waste is placed at the curb no later than 6:00 AM on your scheduled day of collection. LRS will be adjusting and fine tuning each daily route over the next several weeks. Residents may experience earlier or later pickup times than they have been accustomed to in the past. With the current stay-at-home order many households are generating significantly higher volumes of waste which requires additional trips to disposal facilities and increases the time normally required to complete each collection route. LRS is working to minimize any disruptions to collection schedules by fortifying collection routes with extra drivers and support.
- LRS, as have all other waste haulers, has temporarily suspended collection of bulk items and white goods for safety reasons. Please do not place any bulk items or any loose materials not within an approved container at the curb as these items will not be collected until further notice. Residents will be provided notice when LRS is able to resume normal collection of these materials.
- LRS has completed the initial distribution of refuse, recycling, and yard waste carts. Many residents have requested a change in cart size and LRS is working hard at fulfilling all of these requests as expediently as possible. LRS has dedicated staff assigned to Campton Township residents should any problems develop during the transition. Should the need arise, residents are strongly encouraged to contact LRS via email at: CamptonTownship@LRSrecycles.com Please include your name, address, phone number, and the reason for inquiry. The LRS Customer Service Team hours are 7AM to 5PM Monday through Friday and Saturday 7AM to 12PM. Residents may also contact LRS at (844) 633-3577. Please note the LRS normal call volume has doubled due to inquiries related to COVID-19 and callers most likely will experience longer hold times.
Update regarding Removal of Waste Management carts:
- Any resident with a Waste Management (or Speedway) cart that was not removed by April 3rd, please send an email with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Waste Management carts must remain at the curb until they are collected.
- Waste Management will not remove wheeled carts branded by other waste haulers such as: Groot, Republic, Veolia, Advanced, etc. Carts branded by other waste haulers must not be left at the curb at present. Removal of these carts will be treated as a “bulk item” by LRS. Once the suspension on collection of bulk items is lifted LRS will be able to dispose of these carts. Residents will be provided notice when such carts may be set out for collection.
- LRS is prohibited from servicing wheeled carts branded by any other waste hauler regardless of your service level. LRS will only service the blue carts they have provided to each residence.
We are making changes to the CTSWDD website to reflect the change in service providers from Waste Management to Lakeshore Recycling Systems. Any service related issues from now until 3/31/2020 should be directed to Waste Mangagement. Service related issues from 4/01/2020 and forward should be directed to Lakeshore.
Kane County Recycling Announcements:
Kane County Recycles will continue to offer electronics collection events scheduled on the second Saturdays of each month April through November. Please see the County website at www.countyofkane.org/recycling/pages/electronics.aspx for more information and the complete list of event dates.
Questions: Kane County Recycling Coordinator, Jennifer Jarland, 630-208-3841, email@example.com
- Service Stickers are used for Refuse, Yard Waste and Organics and Bulk Items.
- Beginning April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2025, the Service Sticker rate is $3.00 each.
- Service Stickers will be made available beginning mid-March and should be used for collection as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
STICKERS – SOLD AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Jewel – 2073 Prairie Street – St. Charles
- Jewel – 800 N Main St. – St. Charles
- Jewel – 375 Randall Rd – South Elgin
- Meijer – 855 S. Randall Rd – St. Charles
- Caputos Fresh Market – 622 Randall Rd – South Elgin
To download Public Notice of Campton Township Solid Waste Disposal District Meetings, 2020 Meeting Schedule.