- You may choose between Non-Subscription Yard Waste and Organics Program or Subscription Yard Waste and Organics Program. Organic Food Scraps may be mixed in with either (sticker or subscription) yard waste during the yard waste season.
- Yard waste Season is April 1st through December 15th of each year; collected on the same day of the week as garbage and recycling.
- There is no limit to the amount of yard waste that may be placed out for collection provided it’s properly prepared and paid for in accordance with the program option selected.
- Organic Food Scrap may be mixed with yard waste and includes: bread, cereal, coffee grounds, dairy, egg shells, eggs, fruits, grain, pasta shells, and vegetables.
NON-SUBSCRIPTION YARD WASTE AND ORGANICS PROGRAM
- Non-Subscription Yard Waste and Organics Program requires one (1) service sticker for each properly prepared container, bag, or brush bundle.
SUBSCRIPTION YARD WASTE AND ORGANICS PROGRAM
- Includes one (1) 95-gallon LRS Yard Waste and Organics Cart and weekly service.
- Three (3) approved bags, bundles, or personal containers are included each week at no additional charge.
- Each additional bag, bundle, or personal container in excess of three (3) per week will require one (1) Service Sticker.
- Program cost is $145.00, prepaid each year.
- Service Stickers are used for Refuse, Yard Waste and Organics and Bulk Items.
- Beginning April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2025, the Service Sticker rate is $3.00 each.
- Service Stickers will be made available beginning mid-March and should be used for collection as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
STICKERS – SOLD AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Jewel – 2073 Prairie Street – St. Charles
- Jewel – 800 N Main St. – St. Charles
- Jewel – 375 Randall Rd – South Elgin
- Meijer – 855 S. Randall Rd – St. Charles
- Caputos Fresh Market – 622 Randall Rd – South Elgin
Tree and bush branches must be securely tied together into bundles for pick-up. Attach a Lakeshore Recycling Services yard waste service sticker to each bundle. Bundles may not exceed 4’ in length, 2’ in diameter or weigh more than 50 pounds.
Campton Township Highway Dept Pickups
The Campton Township Highway District offers brush pick-up as a service to township residents. It collects brush according to an announced schedule each year. For details call the Highway District at 630-365-9300 or see the Campton Township website here, then click on the Highway District button at the top of the page, then on the Brush Removal button on the left.
Please make sure your brush conforms to the Highway District guidelines for pick-up.