Household refuse, recylables, and yard waste are collected once each week between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM on your scheduled collection day. Please have all items out by 6:00 AM. There are separate trucks for garbage, recycling, and yard waste, each on a different schedule. As a result, these materials may be picked up at different times during the day. Items for collection may be placed at the curb after 7:00 PM the day before your scheduled pick up. Residents must remove containers from the curb by 7:00 PM on the day of collection.
Scheduled pick up days which fall on, or after, a legal holiday will be one day late following the holiday that week. Click here for a list of the holidays observed by Waste Management.
Unlimited Take-All Option – $20.55/month
96-gallon trash cart with no sticker fees for extra bags outside cart. One bulk item per week will be taken at no extra cost to resident. Additional bulk items will require one yard waste/refuse sticker per item. No charge for one White Good per week.
Limited 64-gallon Option – $17.51/month
64-gallon trash cart – $2.85 sticker fee for each extra can or bag outside cart. Maximum can or bag size beyond the WM 64-gallon cart is 32 gallons, weighing up to 50 pounds. Maximum bundle size is 4 feet in length by 2 feet in diameter, weighing up to 50 pounds.
Limited 35-Gallon Option – $13.39/month
35-gallon trash cart – $2.85 sticker fee for each extra can or bag outside cart. Maximum can or bag size beyond the WM 35-gallon cart is 32 gallons, weighing up to 50 pounds. Maximum bundle size is 4 feet in length by 2 feet in diameter, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Do not mix household refuse with yard waste. Mixed refuse and yard waste cannot be collected.
- Bags inside carts must be tied to eliminate blowing trash.
- Please be sure to put Styrofoam peanuts in a closed plastic bag before you discard them in your garbage bin to avoid their scattering into the street when the bin is dumped into the truck.
Additional Garbage Cart Rental
An additional 96-gallon refuse cart rental is available only under the Unlimited Take-All refuse cart plan for a fee of $2.31 each month. The garbage bin is green with a green lid, and may be filled with household refuse ONLY, no yard waste. Contact customer service at 800-796-9696 for more information.
One bulk item such as a sofa, mattress, or kitchen table will be collected per week if set out on collection day. All bulk items must be at a weight that is manageable for one person to lift (not drag.)
- Unlimited Take-All: One bulk item per week will be taken at no extra cost to resident. Additional bulk items will require one Service Sticker per item. Click here to see locations selling Service Stickers.
- Limited 64-gallon and Limited 35-gallon plans: One bulk item per week will require one Service Sticker at $2.85 each. Click here to see locations selling Service Stickers.
Major appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines and humidifiers, etc.) are banned from landfill disposal. There is a separate fee of $25.00 for each appliance. A separate truck will collect these items in order for them to be processed in accordance with state law. Please call Customer Service at 800-796-9696 to arrange collection.
Building Waste Material
“Do-it-yourself” building waste material is limited to one cubic yard per week, weighing up to 50 pounds. Nails must be removed, and all materials must be containerized or bundled. Items such as sinks, tubs, toilets, etc., do not need to be containerized or bundled.
- Unlimited Take-All: One Building Waste Material item per week will be taken at no extra cost to resident. Additional Building Waste Material items will require one Service Sticker per item. Click here to see locations selling Service Stickers.
- Limited 64-Gallon and Limited 35-Gallon Plans: One Building Waste Material item per week will require one Service Sticker at $2.85 each. Click here to see locations selling Service Stickers.
The minimum amount of refuse required for a special collection is one cubic yard. Waste Management will advise the resident directly of the terms of special collections. This information will include what materials will be collected, how the materials should be prepared, the date of collection, and the policy of providing advanced estimates of charges. Special collections are COD. Contact Customer Service for details at 800-796-9696.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household products that are flammable, toxic, corrosive, or reactive can pose a harmful threat or damage the environment when disposed of improperly. Items such as oil-based paint, pesticides, poisons, cleaning solvents, household batteries, tainted gasoline, used oil, and other automobile fluids are considered household hazardous waste, and must not be included with your refuse.
- Household batteries can be recycled by putting them in a closed plastic ziptop bag and then placing them on the top of the recycling cart on collection day.
- Modern latex paint is not considered hazardous for the environment and can be placed in your regular garbage, once it has been solidified. If there is just a small amount of paint remaining in the can, take the lid off and let the paint evaporate outside. For fuller cans, stir in an absorbent, such as kitty litter, shredded newspaper, or a commercial product such as Oil-Dry, leave the lids off and place the solidified cans in your garbage. Why does it have to be solidified? Because paint cans pop open in garbage trucks and the paint leaks out of the truck onto local streets. Empty, dry, paint cans and lids can be placed in your recycling bin.
- Click here for detailed information on hazardous waste disposal.
Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste and brush are collected from April 1 through November 30 on your regular collection day.
- Yard waste is basically defined as any plant material such as leaves, grass clippings, weeds and trimmings that you can put into a bag, and is collected on your regular collection day. It must be either in biodegradable Kraft bags, in cans no larger than 33 gallons marked for Yard Waste Only, or bundled. Each of these bags, cans or bundles must carry a Waste Management yard waste sticker.
- Tree and bush branches can be securely tied together into bundles for pick-up. Attach a Waste Management yard waste sticker to each bundle. Bundles cannot exceed 4′ in length, 2′ in diameter or weigh more than 50 pounds.
Each bag or can requires one pre-paid Service Sticker at a cost of $2.85 each. For a list of locations where stickers may be purchased please see the Waste Management Information page here.
Christmas tree collection will run for two weeks starting the last week of December. All trees picked up during this time will be recycled and composted by the waste hauler. Residents will not need to affix a yard waste sticker to the trees during this time. Christmas trees must be free of all decorations and cannot be in plastic bags. If tree is longer than 6’, it must be cut in half.
The Campton Township Highway District collects brush according to an announced schedule each year. For details call the Highway District at 630-365-9300 or see the Campton Township website, then click on the Highway District button at the top of the page, then on the Brush Removal button on the left.